We are hiring!
Due to the volume of new instructions received on high quality projects, we are recruiting for two positions: Building Surveyor and Graduate Building Surveyor.
What we do
Murray Birrell works predominantly in the private sector in Central London and the Home Counties. Our areas of work cover the following:
- Contract administration,
- Planned maintenance surveys,
- Schedules of condition and dilapidations,
- Development monitoring,
- Party wall matters,
- Defects analysis,
- Landlord’s representative in relation to tenants’ fit-out and alteration works.
We have been in business for nearly 30 years and the successful applicants will be joining a highly motivated and experienced team, active in several external roles beyond servicing our client base. As you can imagine, we are very proud of our Client list, which continues to grow.
We are also keen to highlight the following:
- One of our co-founders is Chairman of the London Branch of the Pyramus and Thisbe organisation for professionals with a particular interest in matters relating to the Party Wall etc Act 1996
- We have an RICS accredited conservation surveyor who is an expert on maintaining and restoring heritage buildings and who is keen to guide other surveyors to be RICS-qualified heritage experts themselves and
- One of our Directors is responsible for mentoring junior members of staff throughout their journey to qualification as a Chartered Surveyor and also acts as an RICS Assessor interviewing potential candidates as part of their final assessment of professional competence.
The roles are office-based in the London Borough of Bromley, next to Petts Wood station, with additional central London office facilities in Mount Street, London W1.
How to apply
Applicants should respond with a CV and an accompanying email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Any queries before submitting your details can be directed to the same email address.
We look forward to hearing from those candidates who feel they have the required skills and experience, and are keen to develop their career as part of our team.
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Building Surveyor (preferably Chartered or with demonstrable relevant experience) to assist in the expansion of our well established private practice.
There is potential for significant career development for the successful candidate who should be able to demonstrate sound technical and communications skills, work in a team environment and be able to accept responsibility for receipt and delivery of client instructions. The candidate should also have good interpersonal skills and sound commercial sense.
The company works predominantly in the private sector in Central London and the home counties. The position open to candidates will be at Surveyor level and will involve working for a number of major London Estates and managing agents. The successful candidate will be involved in contract administration, Landlord`s Representative in relation to tenants` fit-out and alteration works, development monitoring, as well as party wall matters, defects analysis and planned maintenance surveys.
The successful candidate will wish to develop their career with us and demonstrate that he/she aspires to progress into a more senior position within the company. The candidate must therefore have or be able to develop good management skills, be client facing and keen to develop new business opportunities.
For the right candidate we can offer:
- a competitive salary package
- interesting workload and client base
- career development and opportunities
- CPD support
GRADUATE BUILDING SURVEYOR
We can offer an excellent opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly motivated Graduate Building Surveyor, perhaps with minimum experience, to join our well established and respected private practice.
We seek a Graduate Building Surveyor who can receive, discuss and agree instructions from a line manager regarding services to be provided. The ideal candidate will be able to plan and organise their workload with their manager, understand the need for profitability, and can manage their workload to meet targets of time taken versus fee earned.
Additionally, carry out whatever technical and other work may be required to be undertaken, follow specific technical systems and/or procedures e.g. building contracts, Practice Notes, when requested to do so, and to research and enquire about matters that the Graduate Building Surveyor is not familiar with.
The successful candidate will be capable of handling day-to-day liaison with the office, and display good communication and administration skills relevant to a Graduate Building Surveyor.
We require the successful candidate to continue their personal professional development; be aware of the company’s health and safety policy; follow data protection and equal opportunities requirements, and make the directors aware if there are any non-compliance issues in these and any other relevant areas.
We can offer the successful candidate:
- a competitive salary and benefits package
- interesting workload and client base
- career development opportunities
- full CPD support