INTRODUCTION AND CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and highly-motivated Building Surveyor to assist in the expansion of our well-established private practice. Ideally, candidates should be professionally qualified or have at least 5 years appropriate experience.
There is potential for significant career development for the successful candidate. In view of this, applicants will be required to demonstrate sound technical and communications skills, elaborate on their experience in working in a team environment and evidence how they would accept responsibility for receipt and delivery of client instructions. Candidates should also have good interpersonal skills and sound commercial sense.
The company works predominantly in the private sector in Central London and the home counties. The post will involve working for a number of clients including major London Landed Estates, large property developers and prime managing agents.
The newly-appointed member of staff will wish to develop their career with us as well as being client facing and keen to develop new business opportunities.
Given a large proportion of our workload relates to the technical aspects of reviewing / consenting to Tenant’s applications for Licences for Alterations (i.e. the core duties of the role), we are particularly keen to receive applications from candidates who have experience in this specialised aspect of Building Surveying or from those (i.e. those not necessarily from a Building Surveying background) who can demonstrate:
- attention to detail in reviewing drawings and property Lease information
- good written skills allowing for the preparation of Landlord consent documentation
- excellent organisation abilities and administrative aptitude in reviewing compliance with Landlord approval letters, reports and schedules and
- a high level of diplomacy in dealing with clients, applicants and/or their agents alike.
WORKING AT MURRAY BIRRELL
We can offer
- a competitive salary package
- interesting workload and client base
- career development and opportunities
- CPD support
What we do
Murray Birrell works predominantly in the private sector in Central London and the Home Counties. Our areas of work cover the following:
- Landlord’s representative in relation to tenant’s alterations or initial fit-out works
- Development and project monitoring
- Design and Contract administration
- Planned maintenance surveys
- Schedules of Condition and Dilapidations and
- Party Wall and other neighbourly dispute matters