Murray Birrell is held in high regard in this niche building surveying service to clients.
We have a proven track record gained over many years having been engaged by several London Estates, managing agents, property owners and private individuals, with one such relationship lasting nearly 20 years and with more than 3,000 applications.
Our service in this specialised discipline covers two distinct paths i.e.
a) Alterations by Tenants to existing properties and
b) Initial Fit-Out works to a demise.
Murray Birrell’s experienced building surveyors are well versed in being sympathetic to the often-competing demands of the:
- Landlord – needing to ensure lease compliance whilst maintaining good Tenant relationships and
- Tenant – bespoke requirements coupled with commercial time and cost pressure
We also have considerable expertise in monitoring a Tenant’s Fit-Out by:
- acting as the Landlord’s representative in reviewing a Tenant’s initial submission for consent
- managing any technical input from an incumbent ‘base build’ professional team and
- producing comprehensive tailored Fit-Out Guide documentation to protect the Landlord’s directly managed interest in a property
Finally, where required, our experienced Clerk of Works staff can also perform a site monitoring role to report on progress of the proposals against any permitted timeframe, as well as ensuring compliance with any Licence for Alterations documentation.